Monday, September 16, 2013

Life Lately

Things have been stressful for us the past couple of weeks.  I think whenever you are about to have a baby things get hectic but on top of it we have so many "wildcards" thrown into the mix right now that we are just wiped out.

Two Saturdays ago my grandpa had a stroke and then last Wednesday he passed away.  


Since I am nine months pregnant I was not able to travel to say goodbye nor attend his funeral.  My entire family is down in Indiana trying to sort through my grandparents' affairs while also trying to arrange care for my grandma who has Alzheimer's.  They have been down there over a week now and there really is no "light at the end of the tunnel" for them, sadly.  

Last Friday I found out I have a sinus infection on top of double ear infections.  I am on antibiotics for that and my ears really need to clear up before we can even talk about induction at this point the doctor said.  If they are not healed I risk rupturing my ear drums during delivery. 

Friday was, coincidentally, the day that Joe decided to protest naps.  He picked such a great day ;)  Today was his fourth day refusing to nap, crawling out of the crib and banging at the door so I just let him come out and join Amelia and I.  


Within an hour Amelia called for me to show me this:


See, buddy, you do still need your naps!

Jason and I gave the kids a glow-in-the-dark bath over the weekend to make sure that even though he and I are stressed the kids still had some fun!


This was Joe's first glow-in-the-dark bath (I think) and he had a blast!  We started them with Amelia years ago and it's just been a nice way for us to break up the monotony of bath-time!


Lastly, a photo of two goofy kids to leave you with!

No comments:

Post a Comment