Thursday, October 10, 2013

VIP Lunch

Yesterday was the first VIP lunch at Amelia's school.  All I knew was that the children would perform a few songs for their families and then everyone was invited to stay and eat lunch in the community room.  I figured I'd go, listen to their songs and taker her home for lunch vs. eating there.  

On my way to her room I ran into her speech pathologist and teacher from last year*.  After chatting for a few minutes they let me know that Amelia was so, so excited for the lunch at school.  Mommy fail.  I got on the phone quick and called Jason who whipped together a few sandwiches and brought them to school for us.  Whew!  

*Her teacher from last year has been stopping in off and on to make sure that Amelia is adjusting well to being in a regular classroom etc.

This week and last week they have been focusing a lot on fire safety.  A fire truck even came to school last week and they not only met the firemen but got to tour the truck as well.  Amelia loved that.  For this lunch they made a special, fire truck themed treat:


How cute is that?!  She ate the entire thing because the plate only said "Amelia" and not "Amelia and mommy."  LOL!  

It sounds like they will do this a couple more times throughout the year and next time I (or more likely Jason and the boys) will be more prepared and bring a lunch from the get-go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment