Tuesday, June 25, 2013

27 Weeks

This is the final week of the second trimester for baby and I.  Where did the time go?


Aside from fatigue things are great!  I've been particularly crabby and irritable the past week or so (Jason informed me and, truthfully, I was starting to notice myself.)  I'm really hoping it is just because of the summer heat and humidity finally arriving.  Heat, humidity and Shelley just don't go well together - especially pregnant Shelley.

#3 moves around a lot more than Amelia or Joe ever did.  When I felt Amelia it was rolling or hiccups and I knew Joe was ok in there because he always had a foot in my ribcage and he stretched a lot.  #3?  Kicking and wiggling all day long.  It's kind of nice to not have to lay there at night trying to count kicks to make sure everything is ok.

According to the doctor I'm on track to gain 40 pounds again which is more than what I was aiming for this time around but still less than the 55 I gained with Amelia!  I also passed my glucose test the first time this time which thrilled me because that three-hour test with Joe was brutal.

And just for fun - a little comparison:


It's still a little hard to believe that next week I am starting the third trimester!  It will be September before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment