Monday, November 19, 2012

The Moon in My Room

Shortly after Joe was born Amelia developed a fear of the dark.  She insisted on sleeping with her "big light" (a lantern) on.  We went along with it - thinking it was a phase.  After a few weeks we realized it was a battle we weren't going to win easily and with a new baby in the house getting her to bed with peace outweighed our desire to have the lantern off.  

We were walking through Toyland at Fleet Farm a couple weekends ago and saw a product called "Moon in My Room."  Amelia loves the moon and we thought it might be a good way to get her to sleep without her "big light."  We didn't get it and decided we would tell anyone who asked for Christmas gift ideas about it.  I was telling a co-worker this idea and she told me they had one that wasn't being used and offered it to us.  I told her we would love to have it and she brought it a few days later.

Well.......it WORKED!


Amelia has slept without her "big light" on a little over a week now!  I thought we might have some issues because we spent a few nights at my parents over the weekend while Jason was hunting and she had a lamp on there.  She did ask for her "big light" our first night back at home and there was a little crying but we got past it with the offer of a couple glow sticks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment