Awhile ago I was "tagged" by Suzette to do the "Five Things Thing" so here it is!
(1) I am not a morning person, at all, which is why my current job is hysterical. When I told my mom about it almost three years ago she laughed, literally, out loud. I have been getting up at 2:45 a.m. for almost three years now and I still have not fully adjusted to "doing" mornings well. At the same time I am not the night owl I used to be and I have no trouble falling asleep in two minutes flat most nights.
(2) I love living somewhere that has four seasons but I almost always complain about two of them at some point - summer and winter! Summer humidity starts to drive me insane and winter just never seems to end some years!
(3) If it were possible I would love to stay home with the kids and not work. Obviously me working is necessary for several reasons but if I could choose, I would stay home. I get half the day at home but I am so tired by dinner time since I get up so early that I basically just count the hours until bedtime. Not a great feeling.
(4) Jason and I "single parent" Monday through Friday. I work the early morning shift and he works the evening shift. We see each other in the parking lot for approximately one minute as I walk in and he walks out. I'm asleep before he gets home. Last fall I got onto a M-F work week, which he has had awhile now, so we get the weekends off as a family - finally.
(5) I can't cook. For real. Jason was a chef for fourteen years so I have never really had to cook. I can make a few things but usually he just takes care of it all. I'd love to learn my way around the kitchen one of these days and I have added making a loaf of bread, completely from scratch, to my bucket list. More importantly though if I could get better in the kitchen I could feel better about the dinners I feed my children...we eat a lot of convenience foods and repeat the same things over and over and over!
There are five things about me!