Monday, July 29, 2013

Birthday Weekend

I turned 28 over the weekend!  We had the best weather I can remember on a birthday in a long time - 50s and rainy :)  I am not a fan of the heat and humidity so I welcomed the chilly weather with open arms!

Saturday we went with my family to the Little Log House Pioneer Village.  There was so much to look at from old buildings (moved to the property to preserve them), antique tractors, a blacksmith and more!  My favorite part, hands down, was the little log house that the whole thing is named after.

Exterior and upstairs

It was built in 1856-57 and was the first building moved onto the property in 1989.  I loved the look into how people lived "back in the day" when times were hard, yet simple.

For my birthday dinner I requested grilled hot dogs, macaroni salad and watermelon - so that is what we had that night!  Afterwards we had a cake batter ice cream cake from our favorite ice cream shop, Izzy's.  


We spent all of Sunday at home.  I did laundry, napped and we hung out as a family.  Sometimes I wish that we didn't live so close to our neighbors so we could enjoy time together without constant knocking at the door by certain neighbors but that's apartment living for you!  

Family photo attempt #692 of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment