Sunday, January 13, 2013

daddy with a D

When we first started speech services for Amelia we were asked what we wanted to get out of it.  To me, that was a hard question to answer because I just wanted to be able to communicate with her and her with me.  I couldn't think of a simpler first step, I wanted it all NOW.  

Jason's response was much simpler.  He said, "I just want her to be able to say Dad."  That became the #1 goal on her first IEP (Individualized Education Plan) when we began working, in our apartment, with Birth to 3 and it is still listed on her revised IEP at the elementary school.

Well, it finally happened.  Last night at the kitchen table she said it.  Over and over and over.  She tacked a "mom" at the end for some reason but the important part is she said daddy - with a D.  Finally!

We have her IEP meeting the first week of next month.  Looks like we will be able to pick a new goal to work towards!

No comments:

Post a Comment