Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Alone

We have been childless since last Thursday night!  My family went to visit extended family in Indiana and they asked to take the kids with - so they went!  I was a little apprehensive about sending them but I did it.  I worry, a lot, and I just wasn't sure I could handle them being gone, so far away, for so long.  Jason on the other hand, he was making plans for our weekend before I even let my parents know our final answer!

Friday night I just didn't know what to do with myself.  I got home, to and empty house, and just kind of did my usual things.  From there I wandered around looking for more to do.  I didn't take the nap I swore up and down I would take and by just past 6:00 p.m. I gave myself until 7:00 p.m. to finish up and then it was time to force myself to relax.  

Work was rough last week and I was very sore so I tried out my new foot massager (found out there was a heated option which felt even better!) and did a puzzle while watching "I Love Lucy."  


By the time Jason got home I had finally finished the outline of the puzzle and started building into the middle of it.  It's a foil puzzle.  Let's just say it wasn't the smartest choice for my first puzzle in a few years - it is difficult!

Saturday morning we headed north and met a friend to see "The Hobbit."  After that we went to her house to continue a movie marathon and hang out.  It was our first time to her house and they live on a beautiful piece of land!


We stayed up into the wee hours of the morning and slept over to be on the safe side.  She woke us up for breakfast Sunday morning and then we headed home. 

Bald eagles on the way home

We had to check on on my family's cats and from there we went to Kohl's and Fleet Farm to look for clothes.  We both ended up with new jeans as well as work pants.  Pants shopping is getting easier for me as I drop the weight - yay!

Before we went home last night we decided to eat out and see another movie.  I know, two movies in the theater in one weekend - whoa!  I picked "Les Miserables."  

 
I liked it but Jason?  Well, he said he enjoyed it but he didn't realize they sang everything and he also said watching Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) sing everything was kind of amusing to him.  He also had no idea what to expect from it as he had not seen the play like I have.  

We had a lot of freedom this weekend but we sure did miss the kids!  It's strange to have so much time to yourselves - really!  We got a lot of picture text messages from my sister this weekend to keep us updated on what they were up to.  

Amelia and Joey playing with cousins P and A at a children's museum

They are a couple of hours from home currently and should be back by dinner!  Jason asked if I could keep them up until he got home (10:15 p.m.) but I'm thinking that won't happen.  Plus, I think he might have been joking.  I will play it by ear.  If Amelia is doing ok maybe she and I will watch Netflix on the couch until she falls asleep.  Then he can see her when he gets home and tuck her in.  We'll see how moods are after being trapped in the car all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment