Thursday, December 13, 2012

Share

Tonight, at dinner, Amelia kept insisting on something.  I couldn't for the life of me figure it out.  I kept guessing wrong and she started gesturing with her hands - over and over and over.  Then she started repeating the same word (that I couldn't understand) and making the gesture - over and over and over.  

Finally, it dawned on me that she must be signing!  They teach sign language in her speech class because there are some kids that cannot hear all that well.  Each week they send home pages with the words they worked on and the instructions on how to make the sign.  I'm supposed to work on them with her and incorporate them into our lives.  (Confession - I don't do this even though I know I should.)  I started looking through all the pages they have sent home and finally figured out what she was trying to tell me!  



She wanted me to SHARE my "black juice" (grape juice) with her!

Perhaps we will have to start actually working on the sign language at home...turns out it can be helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment