Monday, May 7, 2012

Easy Kid's Craft Display

Does your refrigerator look like this? 


If you have a little one in school it just might! Amelia goes to school two mornings a week for an hour and a half for a pre-k speech class. Part of their morning is doing a craft or two that relates to the sounds they are working on. I put all of her projects on our refrigerator and she is so proud of them. She shows them to us and tells us "coooooo" which is "school." 

We started to run out of room for her masterpieces so I started brainstorming. I had seen online somewhere (no idea where, of course) how someone used an old picture frame, removed the glass, hung picture wire across the frame and clipped a craft or two to the wire and displayed them in the frame. I thought that was a neat idea but I put my own twist on it. 


Neat, huh? All I needed to complete this was picture wire (I bought 50 feet because that was all they had but clearly we only used a fraction of that), command hooks of some sort and clips. I chose binder clips. 


We hung two lengths of picture wire, with loops made at each end, between three hooks.


I love the result! Now it is easier to enjoy her art projects and the bare wall in the kitchen has some decoration on it! Most importantly, the refrigerator is much less cluttered which makes the kitchen feel less cluttered! 

/

What are some other fun ways to display kid's artwork and crafts? 

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I've been wanting to do something similar for months {but just haven't}! So cute & I know Amelia is proud when she sees her art displayed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When she saw it for the first time she slowly walked through the kitchen, turned to us and said, "wwwwoooooooooooowwwwwwww." She was a-mazed and I loved seeing her reaction!

      Delete
  2. Great idea. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete