Sunday, May 20, 2012

Our Weekend

I'll start with this past Thursday evening...which was the special service's ice cream social for Amelia's school!  We got there and all she could even think of doing was playing so that's what we did.


She loves to play on the small beach at the "rainbow park" and look for seashells (snail shells, really.)  Once the infant swing freed up Joe got to have his fun!

After a bit Amelia decided that she wanted ice cream after all.  They had all the toppings one could think of.  The topping bowls covered two, maybe three (I can't remember), picnic tables.  She chose sprinkles and Valentine's hearts.


Friday we had the first 90+ degree day of the year.  It felt like summer, not spring!  I didn't like the idea of sitting at home all cooped up but I also could not fathom walking to the park which I was sure Amelia would ask to do.  So I called my family to see if there were home and we ended up going there to play with the water table, kiddy pool and sprinkler.  



It was Joe's first time "swimming" and he loved it!  He just sat there and splashed around.

I love that is says "tons of fun" - it is so fitting of him!

Eventually he fell over and at that point he had had enough.  So Amelia got Auntie Kim to drag over her Little Tykes slide and she had fun with her "water slide."


Saturday we hung around home and watched the Preakness Stakes.  Once again, our picks did not win!  We may have to jump on the bandwagon and root for "I'll Have Another" to win the Belmont.  We'll see.  We had a movie night with our friend, Leigh, and it seemed fitting that we watch Secretariat.  She and Jason watched Haywire afterwards - I fell asleep about two minutes into it!  What can I say, I get up early and I get tired!

This afternoon Jason and I had our first date in, well, a long time.  Auntie Kim babysat the kids.  We went to dinner at a fairly new place in town, caught a movie and stopped by the Dairy Queen on our way home.  


 We saw What to Expect When You're Expecting and it was pretty funny!  

Today was the start of my first week of only working five days.  I had today off and also have tomorrow off.  So far I am really liking this two days off a week thing and it is only day one!

No comments:

Post a Comment