Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Berry Chicken Salad

It's no secret that I am not the chef of the family.  When I do make things they are simple.  It can't get much simpler than this chicken salad we had last weekend for supper one night!

This salad only has three ingredients.

  • 15 ounces chicken, canned
  • 1/4 cup dried berries (our mix had blueberries, cherries and raspberries)
  • 1/2 cup mayo or Miracle Whip (we used light Miracle Whip)
*We had wanted to put celery in but needed such a small amount that purchasing it didn't make sense!

Mix them all together and there you have it.  Berry chicken salad for a hot summer night.  It takes all of five minutes to throw together - you can't really beat that! 


We had ours with Tostitos black bean and garlic tortilla chips.  

Since I am counting calories we figured out the calories in this chicken salad!  One ounce is just under 37 calories.  I had six ounces with sixteen chips (which is two servings) and felt full.

We made a second, double, batch and I portioned it out for work - easy lunch!

Yes, this is probably boring to most people.  Yes, I am sure there are plenty of other things that would "spice" this up.  I appreciate it's simplicity and the fact that it takes minutes to make.  I also like the fact that I was easily able to figure out calorie information.  It makes following my "Lose It" app a lot easier and a lot more accurate ;)

Linked to "Tasty Tuesday"

No comments:

Post a Comment